Géométrie numérique GBIN8U12
This page is dedicated to the practical part of the course Géométrie Numérique.
Lectures are given by Georges-Pierre Bonneau.
A python codebase is available on github.
(You are not obliged to use the codebase. If you're not a fan of python, feel free to use your favorite language.)
- Feb 03 TP1 : Bézier curves, De Casteljau’s algorithm
- Feb 10 TP2 : Bézier splines, $C^k$ smoothness
- Feb 17 TP3 : B-splines, De Boor's algorithm
- Feb 24 winter break
- Mar 03 TP4 : Subdivision curves
- Mar 10 TP5 : Lane-Riesenfeld algorithm
- Mar 17 TP6 : Bézier surfaces
- Mar 24 TP7 : B-spline surfaces
- Mar 31 TP8 : Uniform B-splines as Subdivision Surfaces
- Apr 07 TP9 : Subdivision surfaces on triangle meshes
- Apr 14 revisions
You can either work alone or in a pair. After each TP, you are required to submit your code and a pdf report with comments and images. The more images the better!
Deadline for each submission will be announced here — it's usually the following TP. Please note that late submissions will be penalized by scoring less points.
Every once in a while, there will be a bonus assignement which can get you some extra points.
Evaluation criteriaYour work will score more points if you
- have a working code;
- experiment with all datasets;
- experiment with different parameters;
- make lots of images;
- document everything in your report;
- submit before the deadline.